Blue smoke from exhaust and loosing oil.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a ford fiesta 1999 1.25 zetec. It started smoking really really badly, especially when revved, pulling away at junctions etc. It was also burning oil extremely bad, I would check the dipstick every few days and everytime after topping it up, the oil would nearly be gone on the dipstick. There has never been oil leaks on the floor underneath the car though.

So, I replaced the engine with another one from a breakers yard. Its now doing the exact same thing. Its smoking ridiculously, and everytime I get back from driving it, the oil has gone down stupid amounts on the dipstick.

The weird thing though, the oil light never comes on, on the dashboard. Do you think ive just had bad luck with the replacement engine, or has the car got something else wrong with it somewhere else as both engines have had the same problem. Thanks so much for any help with this.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hells bells :eek: Initially I think the exhaust pipe is full of residual oil - to produce that much smoke would mean that the engine damage is terminal.
Its curious that both engines are exactly the same, which indicates to me that there are blocked breathers from the crankcase to the air filter area therefore pressurising the crankcase and forcing oil past the piston rings.
How much air blast comes out of the oil filler cap when you run the engine?
John :)

Back