Boarding out the van

Sponsored Links
definatly ply either 6 mm smallish curves [body contours] 9mm medium or possibly 12mm if its virtualy flat

all depends on what you want to hang from it or protect the bodywork from

comercial kits tend to be be on the thin side

My Transit was boarded out by our Ford dealers when new. 6mm ply for bodywork and 12mm ply for bulkhead. Had to bulk out some of the 6mm ply to fit racks and shelves, but otherwise seems fine to me.

Sponsored Links
ok, 6mm it is then, i'm hoping it wont add too much weight as the caddy van i own is only a 1.9 sdi (about 60 hp)

Just bought a new long wheel base renualt master? Bought my plywood today 6mm inners and 12mm on floor as carrying lots of glass and it was also free to a good home so i said thank you.

Im a window and conservatory fitter by trade. is there any bolts i need for fixing the sides rather than screwing? internal glass racks will be fitted after this and some shelving.

any advice would be appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back