Boarding studding wall with mixer bar shower

Your peevish excuse for an apology is irrelevant - what is relevant is to give accurate advice and not to scramble about defending rubbish and then name calling as though someone else is responsible for your lack of knowledge.

Every item ever sold over a counter is a commercial transaction - no one goes up to a trade counter and asks for a "commercially available shower valve" - perhaps you cut to the chase and ask for "a commercial transaction"?

Yee gods man you really are a piece of work, I've tried to be polite to you in the past but have just about had a guts full of your pedantic, hair splitting. No-one else on this site runs peoples ideas or suggestions down like you do, or seems to manage to get peoples backs up like you do. Were you neglected as a child or something and now feel the need to be the centre of attention. Some day you might realise that there is more than one way to skin a cat and that the world according to Vinn isn't the only way to do things.

Of course you wouldn't ask for a "commercially available shower valve" but I wasn't ****ing doing that was I, I was pointing out that such a thing was commercially available as opposed to making the same up using plate elbows and ply or similar.

I have fitted god knows how many of those bristan plates they grip the pipes themselves and if you clip the pipes too close too them then you lose all the advantages of being able to fit them after panelling as you need a little movement and flex in the pipe work to do so.

As to my knowledge base you have no idea, I have worked in the building game for over 25 years running my own business for nearly 20 of them, have built several houses from the ground up, both for clients and myself as well as developing, renovating, converting and extending plenty more.

Unlike some I have never claimed to know everything and don't need some jumped up keyboard warrior telling me what I do or don't know, as I said there is a whole world out there outside of Vinnland.

Oh and by the way did you not realise it wasn't an apology.

Not that it will bother you, but after 13 years of being on this site,you are the first person to be added to my ignore list, so bye bye and good luck.

Sponsored Links
interesting.

My very good boiler man (heating engineer)says it was not needed.

I asked a all rounder and he said you could put some pipe clips on ply board.

Some people said once you mount the mixer it will further support pipes.

However my bathroom fitter says I need to fitting as the pipes shake.

Given this . What do I buy for my grohe mixer.

If it's a standard 150mm centre, bar mixer with 3/4" nuts then the Bristan one I pointed to can be retro fitted after boarding

"Pedantic", Hmm, as in your reference to: "the commercial point, as available to buy as a complete product" when all you meant to say was that they come in kits?

I doubt that you've ever fitted a Bristan but you've probably overdosed on watching people fit them on you tube.

If it wasn't an apology then why did you say it was an apology?

You claim much experience as a builder but I noticed that you once claimed to be a Surveyor - did you build in your spare time? What did you do at week-ends - help the police catch criminals?

Hope no one says 13 is an unlucky number.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back