Bod voted Tory in Harlow. How did you vote?

Not great when you've just paid a load for a course bought your first 600cc bike only to find you'd be driving without a license and insurance if you rode it.

Sponsored Links
Not great when you've just paid a load for a course bought your first 600cc bike only to find you'd be driving without a license and insurance if you rode it.
If I remember correctly the time period is 12 months. They effectively arrange for that to be exceeded even though it wasn't.
Bikes. 600cc, not for me. 1st one
aprilia_moto.jpg

Followed by a 1200cc Bandit. What I like - very quick bike that lacks daft high top speed compared with some of the more powerful sports bikes.

I'm confused - what actually happened?

You did Direct Access to get a Cat A license and they added the A2 restriction?

Sponsored Links
You did Direct Access to get a Cat A license and they added the A2 restriction?
It's a while ago now. From memory effectively a licence application has to be made within 12months of passing via direct access. The 1st bike could have been the bandit or anything else. The fact that I had passed must have been noted otherwise I would not have been able to legally ride it. The training started with low power stuff that my weight even had an effect on. All sorts of things such as U turns from being parked in line with the curb near shopping centres with cars passing by. 600cc sports or easier more upright rides later on. Driving in heavy traffic etc.

The 1st bike. Not totally sure why I went for it other than it's an interesting design. I am a designer but not the type that came up with this bike.

I was never approached by the police. One of the trainers was a police rider. He looked at the info they had on me and said although they usually have a chat with new bike owners as they appear they probably wouldn't in my case.

These days - body not so suitable for being bounced so don't ride any more. Too many have problems that aren't down to them. Often it's just a matter of time.

The BBC are having an election media feast. Bit early really as more to come in. Some pundit comments interesting.

Single subject independent candidates having an influence. Sounded to be Gaza related.
Reform getting some - they want proportional voting now. Interesting comment from a Tory. To get them back the Tory may have to go popularist. Even the name Reform is that. They are only represented in a few seats - chosen with care.

Greens - help. Only need to see what happened in Germany who are proportional to see what coalitions with them can do.

Now there is some multi party chuntering going on All are great and still winning one way or another. Labour not so bad as they are gaining at the moment.

The BBC are having an election media feast. Bit early really as more to come in. Some pundit comments interesting.

Single subject independent candidates having an influence. Sounded to be Gaza related.
Reform getting some - they want proportional voting now. Interesting comment from a Tory. To get them back the Tory may have to go popularist. Even the name Reform is that. They are only represented in a few seats - chosen with care.

Greens - help. Only need to see what happened in Germany who are proportional to see what coalitions with them can do.

Now there is some multi party chuntering going on All are great and still winning one way or another. Labour not so bad as they are gaining at the moment.
It's good practice for the main event later in the year.

Ah, we're getting somewhere now. London is.

According to the 2021 Census, the largest religious groupings are Christians (40.66%), followed by those of no religion (27.05%), Muslims (14.99%), no response (7%), Hindus (5.15%), Jews (1.65%), Sikhs (1.64%), Buddhists (1.0%), and others (0.9%).

So what you have for dinner? A dog poo layer cake?

Talk of Muslims. Some indications that in areas with high densities there is something of a swing to greens from labour. Gaza. That also figures in Labour councillors that have resigned and are now independents.

Odd thing about politics even ineffectual additions to so called policy can gain votes. Call for ceasefire, no weapon supply. Neither will influence what is going on in Gaza. Ceasefire seems to be the main aspect.

Labours stance - international pressure to achieve a 2 state solution. Perhaps needing to fit in with international aspects is the reason. It appears to be the direction all want to go at that level.

Would these missing policy statements alter the way the country is run - not at all in general terms.

What would your estimate be?

Is it possible you might be overestimating for London as a whole, because most are in east London?
I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that in the area of Newham where my workshop is, white English make up just 1.3% of the population. It’s become a proper shìtehole. I can’t wait to sell up and be done with the place.

Last edited:
May as well look at facts - some of them
Between the last two censuses (held in 2011 and 2021), the population of Newham increased by 14.0%, from just under 308,000 in 2011 to around 351,000 in 2021.
The population here increased by a greater percentage than the overall population of London (7.7%), and by a greater percentage than the overall population of England (up 6.6% since the 2011 Census).
In 2021, Newham was home to around 69.2 people per football pitch-sized piece of land, compared with 60.8 in 2011. This area was among the top 3% most densely populated English local authority areas at the last census.

Rest here including your thoughts

Sponsored Links
Back