No ID, No vote, No record...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As if proof were needed that the voter ID requirement is just an electoral disenfranchisement scam...

Tory minister refuses to say if number of voters without photo ID will be fully recorded

"A minister has repeatedly refused to tell MPs whether the number of voters turned away from polling stations because of a lack of ID at local elections next week will be properly recorded, arguing that it is ultimately up to individuals whether or why they decide to vote."

"While clerks inside polling stations will take a formal register of those lacking ID, some venues will use “greeters” outside to remind people about the need for ID before they go in. They will not record the numbers who then leave because they do not have ID and do not return to vote."

And you would have thought this would have been sorted out well in advance, but of course not in a 'banana republic' such as the UK!

"Asked by Betts to confirm that this would be the case, Maclean replied: “It may be appropriate for me to follow up in writing because the honourable gentleman is requesting a considerable amount of detail.”

Sponsored Links
Who cares whether the non voters are counted or not? If they want to remain off the register, let them. Probably be lefty remainer types anyway.

I registered for postal voting a few years ago, for the simple reason I can't be bothered to get off my backside.

I've voted already. No ID documents needed.

The unintended consequence of the ID requirements will be that many more will register for postal voting. Is this an intended outcome perhaps? A step towards online voting?

Sponsored Links
Quelle surprise...

"Controversial rules governing voter identification led to racial and disability discrimination at this year’s local elections in England, according to a damning report"

No sh*t sherlock!

It wasn't brought in to prevent voter fraud, as there was only one proven case in the last general election...

It is part of the gerrymandering process by the nasty party...

What is a surprise though is that the report was 'co-written by one of the former ministers responsible for introducing them (ID requirements)'

No sympathy for those who are moaning at all
Fair enough...

At least you have admitted you care not for gerrymandering/discrimination/disenfranchisement within the UK electoral system...

In order to prevent a single electoral vote fraud happening again!

You do realise of course that you have also admitted that you care not for the so called democratic process itself...

Because at one point you may find yourself not being able to meet the criteria to vote...

Anyone who believes that may never happen to them is delusional...

And also unable to comprehend the meaning of 'those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it'!

PS The voting card system has stood the test of time, so why do you not accept it's validity now?

PS The voting card system has stood the test of time, so why do you not accept it's validity now?

No fraud in the past then? Hand on heart you can say that?

The government would not have brought in ID requirements if they thought for a moment that fewer people would vote Tory as a result. Shameful gerrymandering when all parties have complained for a long time that they want to stop the turnout decline. PR with ID I would personally settle for as a trade off.

Blup

register of those lacking ID, some venues will use “greeters” outside to remind people about the need for ID before they go in. They will not record the numbers who then leave because they do not have ID and do not return to vote."
That is concerning, greeters are usually election agents who have no place influencing no ID voters.

Blup

No fraud in the past then? Hand on heart you can say that?
As I said one proven case in the last GE...

Unless of course you can prove otherwise?

'Hand on heart', can you justify stopping thousands from voting is a justified response?

As I said one proven case in the last GE...

Unless of course you can prove otherwise?

'Hand on heart', can you justify stopping thousands from voting is a justified response?

Come off it it's most probably rife.

I say most probably as I have never personally witnessed such fraud

Sponsored Links
Back