Bodge job on tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to tidy up bathroom until we can afford to do it properly. The previous owner looks like he's put mortar to fill gaps in tiles. What's the best way to remove it without damaging tiles? Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_120952.jpg
    IMG_20230225_120952.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Why bother but since you ask: use a utility knife to cut/nibble the "mortar" away - fill the gap with any white sealer.
Incidentally, you should silicone inside corners - dont use grout, it will eventually crack & maybe fall out.

Why bother but since you ask: use a utility knife to cut/nibble the "mortar" away - fill the gap with any white sealer.
Incidentally, you should silicone inside corners - dont use grout, it will eventually crack & maybe fall out.
Re: Grout in the corners.
My very first tile job was the downstairs shower room at my mums.
After I finish a tiler friend said that it was an ok job but I should've not grouted the corners and use silicone.
35 odd years later the grout in the corners is still fine, even in the shower enclosure.
Better grout at the time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back