1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

bodgetastic window sealing

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by normalnorman, 4 Feb 2020.

1. normalnorman

normalnorman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, I had some windows fitted a couple of years ago. Stood on the sofa today I have seen what a shocking job of sealing up they've done!

There's a draft coming through for sure. I have a cartridge of intumescent decorators caulk (firemate) open and a tcartridge of unibond bath sealant open. In the interests of saving the planet and being a skinflint would either of these be suitable for filling the hole of should I buy a cartridge of something specific for.the job? Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. plastic_peanut

plastic_peanut

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If there is a chance of moisture I would use the sealant otherwise the caulk.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. normalnorman

normalnorman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi plastic peanut, thank you I will use the bathroom sealant to be on the safe side, I can't see any moisture at the mo.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local