Body Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked for a quote to run a cable for a body dryer.
The customer is saying it needs a 10mm cable but the only body dryers I can find are rated at 2.9kW.
Has anyone else had experience of these and whats the largest domestic size available.
All will become clear whan I can get round to quoting but I would welcome comments.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
tell them you have never heard of such a big body dryer could they give you more info

breezer said:
tell them you have never heard of such a big body dryer could they give you more info

Thank you for that Breezer, I would never have thought of that ;)

Well it turns out that this is a new product that Triton is launching and the power rating is 8.5kW - 9.0kW so a 10mm is appropriate.

Is designed to use the shower supply and senses when the shower is in use so both can't be used at the same time. It is operated by a IR remote control so no body contact.

And Eddie M, they are not disabled but he does work for Triton so I have asked him to get their showers internally bonded as it would save us so work.

Then I stand by my original post..... lazy bu**er!! (him that is, not you).

Adam you perv.

The moistute laden air is distrubuted evenly around the house making the bathroom less damp!

Like you didn't enjoy it too :LOL:

Let us know if it seems any good.

At a theme park, I think Thorpe Park, they have these big cabins with hot air to dry you off after a log flume. Worked incredibly well, clothes and skin dry after a few minutes. Cost a couple of quid, but totally worth it!

AdamW said:
At a theme park, I think Thorpe Park, they have these big cabins with hot air to dry you off after a log flume. Worked incredibly well, clothes and skin dry after a few minutes. Cost a couple of quid, but totally worth it!

I have seen them too, may be at a different place though, but i thought they would cost a bit more than a couple of quid, not to mention the running costs . . . ;) :LOL:

I've thought about this.

Now, those body driers probably take 3 minutes to dry you, at 1p/minute.

How much does it cost to launder a towel? Well, I can get one in my machine, along with other stuff but it is more than half a load. So, in all it probably costs me 15p to launder it (including the detergent).

I use a towel for 4 or 5 days before I wash it. So, 3p per use.

Running costs are the same!

Sure, you have to buy either one, but I bet the body drier stays good for longer than a towel stays fluffy. So I don't think the costs would be too prohibitive, and ecologically speaking it's not as bad as it sounds. Possibly better, as it doesn't expell chemicals into the water system.

AdamW said:
I've thought about this.

Now, those body driers probably take 3 minutes to dry you, at 1p/minute.

How much does it cost to launder a towel? Well, I can get one in my machine, along with other stuff but it is more than half a load. So, in all it probably costs me 15p to launder it (including the detergent).

I use a towel for 4 or 5 days before I wash it. So, 3p per use.

Running costs are the same!

Sure, you have to buy either one, but I bet the body drier stays good for longer than a towel stays fluffy. So I don't think the costs would be too prohibitive, and ecologically speaking it's not as bad as it sounds. Possibly better, as it doesn't expell chemicals into the water system.

Mr W Sir,

Please submit your workings in this, at present, ficticious account.

The prosecution rests.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back