Steam generator and body dryer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to install an 8kW steam generator (still don't see the point of these but there you go.) and thrown in at the last minute is a mira body dryer also at 9kW.

Running another circuit is of course, a PITA, especially as the existing shower circuit which wont be used as the shower will be run off the combi and I plan to re-uuse for steam generator (tests, method of install all ok).

The mira body dryer can be wired so that when a shower is not in use the same circuit can be used to power the body dryer but I'm not sure how this works with a steam generator instead of a shower. Both will never be used at the same time so i'm thinking of going for a pull chord operated change-over switch.

Any thoughts sparks?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I'm replacing the RCD anyway, its operating far too slowly.

IP rated 3-position switch that doesn't look like something you'd find outside somebodys garage to control the garden lights?

Sponsored Links
Its not really one I can say no to, favour for a chap who puts a lot of work my way.

I'm tempted to run a new radial final in for the steam generator and use the old shower supply for the body dryer.

This is not a big bathroom either! No bigger than your average box room.

Sigh.

100A cut-out, 25mm2 tails, etc etc, ticks all the boxes.

Cooking on gas, I've yet to get the calculator out but it should be okay.

This is the same chap who wanted a 3-phase steam generator in his house :rolleyes: :eek:

Why?

I've never seen a steam generator myself, but from what I can tell you put water and a load of electricity into it and you get steam out of it, the customer wants a lot of steam in their shower cubicle, god knows why.

The body dryer is a unit made by mira that fits on the ceiling, a bit like a souped-up hand dryer for the whole body - obviously the bathroom is to small for a towel rail :rolleyes:

'ave it.

Kozo-Hand-stand%20collection.jpg

I fitted one of them steam gereraters a few years back.

There was a cubicle in the bathroom which contains a normal power shower, and is filled with steam while you shower.

Gawd knows why though :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back