Triton Body Drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of this product? Is it good/ bad / reliable and worthy of consideration.

I'm considering one for our staff bathroom, if it's a good thing and am wondering how you manage the potential for blowing the main fuse.

We have another 9kw appliance (an autoclave) which is run intermittently but the same situation could exist in a house with another electric shower in another bathroom.

I believe the body drier takes the feed and then feeds the shower in the bathroom so you can't use both at the same time. Would it be possible to use the "shower" feed to power the autoclave in a different room through a 45A switch or does that run foul of all sorts of regulations.

Alternatively is there a method of switching the power at the CU. My therapy pool has contactors in it's CU to have either the circulation pump or the air/water jet pumps on but not both.

It's not an area I am contemplating tacking just yet but would like to become educated and learn enough so that at least all of the first fix is done at the same time and we're not trying to retrofit missed wires

Our project started in May last year so we're not, I believe subject to the most recent regulations although I do like to install, or have installed , equipment as safely as possible. It will all be inspected and tested prior to use as part of my warrant.

All helpful comments are greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to use a relay and keep the circuits separate.

I wouldn't bother, I think in reality you won't be running the body drier long enough to cause a problem even if the autoclave is running

Two questions?

Why do you have an autoclave at home?
Whats wrong with a towel?

EDIT:

Our project started in May last year so we're not, I believe subject to the most recent regulations

You are asking questions relating to the design in October 2008, therefore the installation has not been designed prior to July 2008, therefore BS7671:2008 is the version of BS7671 that you should be working to

Dear Adam 151

I don't understand why the fuse wouldn't blow straight away if we exceeded it's rating. Can you explain why the fuse would survive a few minutes.

It's not at home it is in a vet practice. (but please don't repeat all the dog's abuse, pardon the pun, I receive about why I want to understand and be involved in the building of my extension on this forum, mostly removed by the mods)

The alternative is six towels. With the therapy pool and a water treadmill, getting wet is a frequent occurence and a blast from a drier and a change of clothes could save a lot of time, laundry and be kinder on the skin of the various staff members

Sponsored Links
The alternative is six towels. With the therapy pool and a water treadmill, getting wet is a frequent occurence
Perhaps Adam's question should have been what's wrong with a towel and appropriate clothing?

and a blast from a drier and a change of clothes could save a lot of time, laundry and be kinder on the skin of the various staff members
But would it be kinder on the environment?

If rapid hand driers are though to be environmentally superior to towels is it not reasonable to consider the use of a body drier instead of laundering a lot of towels using energy, water and chemicals. We have a high powered 2200W blaster drier for drying the dogs rather than using towels. It is quicker and the dogs, in the main, seem to quite enjoy it's vigourous action. It is not a suitable configuration for people, though.

Appropriate clothing is another issue and given the room is quite warm, waterproofs tend to be uncomfortably sweaty vs quick drying sports type clothing. It may even be that the drier would dry both the person and their damp clothing between sessions increasing their comfort.

Unfortunately the thread is veering off at a tangent. Does this mean that no one has personal experience of the product and / or no suggestions how it might be successfully integrated into our premises.

I believe the body drier takes the feed and then feeds the shower in the bathroom so you can't use both at the same time. Would it be possible to use the "shower" feed to power the autoclave in a different room through a 45A switch or does that run foul of all sorts of regulations.
I can't think of any regs it would violate provided cables are appropriately sized and the output is adequately rated. How long does the autoclave use 9KW for? If it's longer than a normal shower time you may want to consult the manufacturer to check the output is suitable.

Alternatively you could use a seperate changeover switch.

You can put in a changeover switch which will only allow 1 appliance circuit to be selected at a time. search for changeover switch . . .

Thank you everyone, so far.

The autoclave runs for 13 minutes if cold (the normal, as it's a big one that normally only runs once a day) or 9 minutes if hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back