boilder newbie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey i know this is pretty veague so sorry, i have an oil fired central heating and the boiler is in the garage. I had the boiler service when i bought the house around six months ago he totally took it apart and clean it which seemed a gud job. the problem i have no is that i have a lead that connect my boiler to my oil tank that seems to be leaking oil. the boiler will work and heats up the house just fine. it looks like the nut/bolt has come loose any advice? and how much should a new one be?

Sponsored Links
OK you need to get this sorted ASAP, it takes very little oil to contaminate a very large amount of land/water and you can be prosecuted for it, I would suggest turning off the valve at your oil tank until you get it sorted to prevent any further leakage, or at the very least put something under it to catch the leaking oil.

It may be simply that the nut needs tightening, if you feel confident then you can do this yourself, as for replacement costs, without knowing exactly which nut-bolt you're on about it's impossible to say

oh and i know this a stupid question but is it alright for yr house to creak when it windy? Can you tell i worry alot??? espc if the heating is on i notice things creak. lol

hey muggles the leak is actually in the shed/garage just in front of my boiler i have a thing catching the oil at the mo. Seems to be a drip every few mins. There is a pipe running from my oil tank into my garage then connects to a pipe coming from my boiler where that connection is there is a leak.

Sponsored Links
The creaking is probably due to expansion and contraction caused by changing temperatures, if there were any structural issues your surveyor should have picked them up before you bought the house.

Try tightening the nut if you feel that you're able to, otherwise call the plumber out.

i had a bank survey done which said the was no subsidance or anything like that the roof looked ok but the outbuilding need reroofing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back