Boiler advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like some advice please.

Background: Am at the project planning stage of installing downstairs lavatory, kitchen move/extension, loft conversion.

Part of this project requires that a new boiler be fitted. The existing boiler is over 25 years old and whilst a shame to remove a fully functional unit, needs to be done to accommodate our requirements for a more efficient system with the ability of having an open fire (current boiler is mounted in chimney breast). So we are thinking of having:-

(a) a dual fuel (wood/coke) with back boiler in fire place, and
(b) Vailant? boiler fitted in the porch

both with a management system to control where the heat comes from depending upon what is lit at the time.

Would appreciate the experts comments upon the plan and whether a boiler is permitted to be fitted within a porch. In addition, would appreciate comments upon whether this needs to be a vented/gravity fed system and the implication regarding what type of tank to use in the roof (that is, do I need a tank with two coils, three coils etc and what are the regulations relating to the strength of stand that it should sit on etc).

This is a small, mid terraced house, with 8 radiators currently. Will need another two in the loft conversion, I guess. I have no idea about required boiler heat output but would guess about 5KW?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sponsored Links
You could find out all those answers by reading existing postings on this forum.

Then get advice from your chosen gas registered installer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back