1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Boiler and setting it questions

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by JOB6, 14 Nov 2016.

1. JOB6

JOB6

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi forum some or any advice would be very helpful, thanks:

• How do I reset a boiler, is there a button or something I should look for or turn off the mains?
    • Can I reset a wireless thermostat and does it control the hot water or just the central heating?
    • Which way do I set the valves (left/right/halfway)on the boiler for the following:
    • CH Return
    • CH Flow
    • DHW Outlet
    • DHW Inlet
    • DHW flow switch what is the purpose if this?
    • Cold water Inlet (This turns all the way left and right about 5 turns each way, what is the turn it should be set at?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. 45yearsagasman

45yearsagasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is your boiler the one fitted with a white case?:D

4. dilalio

dilalio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have you just moved in and you're trying to work out how the system works? Name of boiler would help you search to see if there is a manual online somewhere which you could download and study at your leisure. Then you could come back here if you have further questions.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links