Boiler Blows fuses!!!!

simple way to try and locate the item causing it ceaser is simply disconnect each item in turn till fuse stops blowing lol.start at gas valve and work backwards .worst that happens u run out of fuses hope this makes it a bit more simple

Sponsored Links
Is there any signs of a leak on the boiler?
Is there water getting onto pcb or any electrical components,no matter how small an amount.

There is a cost free and immediately visible way of dealing with fuse blowing.
Thats just to connect a 100w or 200w bulb in series with the boiler supply.

Immediately the failing component draws excessive current the lamp lights!

Unfortunately, BOB has fallen into the trap of a fan with a resistance of 44 ohms.

The amswerr is that it has inductance as well as pure resistance and together they present an impedance to the supply and its the value of the impedance that determines the current taken.

Its more involved when its a fan!

The impedance will fall if its stalled ( i,e, rotor stalled ) and will vary according to the resistance presented to the air flow.

Contrary to the expected result the current taken will REDUCE if the air flow is restricted.

Tony

There is a cost free and immediately visible way of dealing with fuse blowing.
Thats just to connect a 100w or 200w bulb in series with the boiler supply.

Immediately the failing component draws excessive current the lamp lights!

Unfortunately, BOB has fallen into the trap of a fan with a resistance of 44 ohms.

The amswerr is that it has inductance as well as pure resistance and together they present an impedance to the supply and its the value of the impedance that determines the current taken.

Its more involved when its a fan!

The impedance will fall if its stalled ( i,e, rotor stalled ) and will vary according to the resistance presented to the air flow.

Contrary to the expected result the current taken will REDUCE if the air flow is restricted.

Tony

Answer my question BIG GOB and get off kevplumbs throne a.ss hole.

Sponsored Links
Hello All

PHEW!!! Stirred up a hornets nest here!!!! Many thanks for all your replies I must say found them very informative and useful. I had a CORGI engneer come around, he diagnosed a faulty PCB whatever they are! Said Pump and Valve were OK and promptly left muttering he has to order the parts!

He is back tommorrow so will ahve to wait and see if that works!!! Will let all know. Many thanks.

gona stick my cock on the block and say its the gas valve 2nd stage solenoid.

Jeepers Cider, don't want to see you lose your c**k. It's ony a boiler :LOL:
Agile - too much info there mate. My way of thinking. If you have 240 to the pump and it's not working - change it. Cant see the problem.

BTW.........how do I underline my posts and make a comment. like.no to pointless signitures?

Hello All

Had the CORGI Engineer in again and fixed the problem by replacing the PCB (Not that I know what it is or what it does)! Many thanks to everyone for thier kind input, learned a lot.

BTW.........how do I underline my posts and make a comment. like.no to pointless signitures?

Or even "signatures" if you prefer.

Tony

Caesar";p="1024123 said:
Hello All

Had the CORGI Engineer in again and fixed the problem by replacing the PCB (Not that I know what it is or what it does)! Many thanks to everyone for thier kind input, learned a lot.[/quote

Thank YOU for reporting the outcome. learned as much as you, as have other readers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back