Boiler broken do I fix or replace?

And have you also seen some that need replacing in less than ten years?

None!! They can all be fixed. Those that were economically not worth keeping were always installed incorrectly - and that applies to all boilers not just combis. A combi is a system boiler with an added water section - that's all. They share many of the same components: heat exchanger, burner, controls, etc.

what a load of rubbish! hav ya even got any experience of workin on any boiler?

It is clear you haven't a clue about how boilers are designed - or anything else for that matter.

course not, i work for bg and more often than not visit 8 breakdowns a day! how would i no anything about how long a boiler would last how they work or what is likely to go wrong with um..

get back on google ya idiot! n ya didnt answer me question, what actual experience do you have???

Sponsored Links
course not, i work for bg and more often than not visit 8 breakdowns a day! how would i no anything about how long a boiler would last how they work or what is likely to go wrong with um..
At last :!: an honest BG employee :!: :!: :!: ;)

Sponsored Links
OK BG replaced the part and the boiler is alive again and the house warm. And the fan didnt need replacing after all! Tomorrow they are replacing the switch panel as its flakey inclusive of the one off price! WOW not sure they needed to under the agreement but im not arguing.

However I now have a Warning Notice that my flue piping is UPVC and not MUPVC and the couplier between the Flue pipe and boiler is screwed in but needs to be glued. He reckons £50 parts £200 labour for what is probably 1.5mtrs piping and clamps etc.

I can legally continue to use the boiler but BG are washing their hands if any melting of the pipes occur causing poison gases in the house. Its been installed like this for 9 years so what do I do?

Its a bit like getting an mot on a car when its about to pack up anyway. Either you need to be safe and get the boiler fixed, its the last thing you want coming back to haunt you. Have a final thorough analysis of the boiler - if its set for another 5-10 years then get the work done, if not just replace

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back