Boiler casing & CO Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had CO alarm go off last night whilst the heating was on(scared the crap out of us both). Switched off boiler & opened doors to get air flow through. Boiler is Ideal Logic Combi c30, just over 3.5 years old

I spoke to my brother (gasafe) who said to check whether the casing had been refitted properly because he knew i had it serviced last month.
The casing had not been put back on properly(not hooked into clips on top). Could the loose casing be the cause of the alarms to go off? If that is unlikely , what other causes could make the alarms go off?

Only started using heating this week.

Spoke to the bloke who serviced it this morning & he's popping round later to check it over.

Sponsored Links
yes if the casing wasnt fitted properly it would cause the CO alarm to activate, personally if someone supposedly service my boiler and didnt put the case back on and properly test, I certainly wouldnt be gettiing them to "pop back later to check it over " your boiler according to the manu must never be operated without the case securely fitted

... if someone supposedly service my boiler and didnt put the case back on and properly test...
When I have my boiler serviced I have seen the GSE check the seal on the cover visually and by feel before putting it back on. I have never seen him use any instrument around the case joint to check for leaking gasses after he has put the cover on.
Should I expect to see him do a check with some sort of probe?

yes if the casing wasnt fitted properly it would cause the CO alarm to activate, personally if someone supposedly service my boiler and didnt put the case back on and properly test, I certainly wouldnt be gettiing them to "pop back later to check it over " your boiler according to the manu must never be operated without the case securely fitted
Just thought it best to get that person back & have a chat about it. As soon as i realised it wasn't fitted properly, i switched it off. Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back