Boiler choice- Worcester or Ferroli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm looking to get a new combi boiler installed soon, the choices from our favoured plumber are a Worcester Greenstar 30CDi or a Ferroli Opitimax 31C. What do people think about these boilers? The Ferroli comes with the 5 year gurantee (which hopefully shouldn't be needed?) which is perhaps worth something and is £200 cheaper. I want something that wil be reliable and trouble free throughout its life (too much to ask possibly!)
I appreciate your comments.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
fiat or volkswagen :LOL: no question mate. worcester . i'm on my second , no faults ever. very rarely repair them either. ferroli's aren't terrible mind you, but personally if its my money, gerry gets it every time.

The Worcester is the better boiler by far, although a 5yr warranty is very
appealing. I'd be tempted to check the terms of the warranty ie parts & or
labour and then buy the Worcester.

The Ferroli may be £200 cheaper at the start but is getting an annual service (£100?0 part of the conditions of the five year warranty?

Sponsored Links
I know in reality I should agree and say Worcester, but I hate them with a passion:cool:

Ferroli ;)

Even though I haven't had any experience with any boiler I hate them!

Way to overrated.

Well, after spending 6 weeks trying to get Ferroli to resolve the problems with an Optimax 31c HE under it's "warrantee", id say just stick an additional 6 pints of blood into your system as it's a much quicker way of raising your blood pressure rather than dealing with Ferroli.

To be honest, their are a couple of good people who work for them - but I feel they are let down by communication issues and lack of parts.

I have to say, from now on I will only install vaillant. I always used to be a skin flint, but my girlfriend taught me to pay a little more and get something that works... and if it doesn't, then at least has a good support team behind it.

I have to say, from now on I will only install vaillant. I always used to be a skin flint, but my girlfriend taught me to pay a little more and get something that works... and if it doesn't, then at least has a good support team behind it.

Vaillant...good support team!? Now there's a phrase you don't see very often :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh dear !! Didn't realise Vaillant didn't do good support. From the few occasions I used them, they were ok.

I am sure everyone has had a problem with a product supplier. And unfortunately, on forums, you tend to only hear the complains. The good things... well, that's taken (rightfully so).

But gross incompetence...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back