Boiler comes on every 45 minutes for 30 seconds, annoying overnight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot find anything in the instructions to help resolve this. The boiler comes to life every 45 minutes for approx 30 seconds then goes silent. I have tried to lower the temperature of the hot water to no avail and the heating is not set to come on overnight.
I am hopeful someone out there knows the answer.

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's a combi, and I suppose it has been set to "keep hot" rather than "Eco"

Have a look for terms like those in the book.

....... make sure you give full details of the make and model of your boiler

There are a number of systems which could cause this as said make and model and reading instruction manual is only way to know. Likely there is a built in water store to give instant hot water and it is keeping this store to required temperature. My mothers has this and it's a pain when using shower as water gets hot, then goes cold, and then goes hot again but there is no option on her boiler to turn off the water store.

My boiler does not have the water store and that is also a problem. If the tap is not turned on at a high enough rate again the water will alternate between hot and cold. Idea of the small water store is you can set tap to a dribble yet still get hot water the boiler does not need to run continuous to give continuous hot water.

Sponsored Links
My crystal ball can't see what make and model of boiler you have unfortunately. Must send it in for a service....

My previous boiler in my old house also had a boiler where the heat store facility could not be turned off. To be honest you do get used to it.

If its a combi it could be a plate pre-heat to speed up hot water response times which can usually be turned off.

Methinks if its a Worcester combi the ECO button is not lit up which means its in ECO mode so always on, when it's lit it heats when needed instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back