Boiler condensate direct into toilet waste!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, today in a house in Manchester I saw a boiler condensate pipe fed directly into the 6" toilet soil pipe (directly after the toilet itself) and glued.

Now to me if the soil pipe backs up the boiler is gonna get rather poopy.

While I am sure that it's against all the is credulous, common sense, anything a professional would do...
Is this against the regs?

Sponsored Links
Well, today in a house in Manchester I saw a boiler condensate pipe fed directly into the 6" toilet soil pipe (directly after the toilet itself) and glued.

Now to me if the soil pipe backs up the boiler is gonna get rather poopy.

While I am sure that it's against all the is credulous, common sense, anything a professional would do...
Is this against the regs?

Yes:mrgreen:

Depends surely where it is. If boiler is above spillover level of WC pan then it'll never get as far as the boiler.

Sponsored Links
I have seen a similar setup and sometimes when the WC was flushed it drew the contents of the syphon out of the condensate

there is such a thing as a HepVo trap, which (best fitted vertically in my experience) allows flow in one direction only and would prevent unintended siphonage and 'back flow'.

It comes in packaging which includes an 'overflow/condensate pipe' diameter convertor, I use them when needing to break into a soil stack for condensate drains, for the above reasons.

CONVALVE_5.jpg

convalve and it's fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back