Connecting Toilet Waste projecting from floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very badly done ground floor bathroom with a drain outside the wall. I am removing the corner bath, putting in a straight bath and want to reposition the toilet against the back wall once the bath has been removed. There is no soil stack.., the soil pipe for the toilet projects from the floor about 36cm from the back wall I want to move the toilet to (rather than have it in the middle of the other wall).

Is is possible to move this toilet to the back wall and connect it to the waste or will I need to break up the concrete (or build a cupboard behind the toilet so its not actually against the wall but against the cupboard)

P1000655.jpg
P1000656.jpg

Sponsored Links
Another option here is to go for an old-style, non-close-coupled loo.

In other words, cistern and pan connected together with a piece of pipe (called the flush pipe, usually white plastic but sometimes chromed), rather than bolted directly to each other.

Not as neat, but very straightforward to achieve what you're after.

I think the type of pan you require which has a downwards-pointing soil outlet is known as a "P-trap" pan, as opposed to the far more common S-trap type. Or you can use an S-trap pan with a 90-degree adaptor of course.

EDIT: Have re-read your question, and I think my advice is useless in your particular circumstances. Please ignore :oops:

I think the type of pan you require which has a downwards-pointing soil outlet is known as a "P-trap" pan, as opposed to the far more common S-trap type
Bum about visage, sunshine.

S trap pan has downward pointing outlet;
P trap pan has 14 degree sloping, backward facing outlet;
H.O. pans which are the norm nowadays are exactly that, H.O, Horizontal Outlet, backward facing.

A ? shape pan connector might give you enough to get the pan back to the wall, if not then you will have to move the soil pipe or build a shelf to support the cistern.

Sponsored Links
? shaped pan connector.., I am not sure if that's a typo or means something I don't get lol.

I think I am going to have to redo this post in the 'projects' section lol.

I bought a bath and decided it would be best placed straight across the end wall.., and the toilet could stay where it was (I found the soil pipe coming out of the floor would require major excavation to turn it to face the far wall, enabling us to put the toilet against the far wall as originally intended. That was a no go I thought in my wisdom, far quicker to just put the bath against the far wall and leave the toilet where it is.

Famous last words lol.

As I couldn't replace the blue tiles I'd need to remove to move the shower and make good the botch job done on this place before we moved in, I have removed all the tiles. Found the shower was leaking into the wall, and on the other wall, a previous door cavity had been filled in with ply/cardboard/rubble.., so ended up calling in a favour and getting a plasterer in.

Also major problems with bodge job done on plumbing of waste from sink and corner bath previously.., old pipes used, badly placed, also leaking into the floor now we know the bad smells weren't coming from the toilet I guess).

My OH is kindof fed up of my brilliant idea of revamping the bathroom. He's been stuck with sorting the plumbing.., but lol.., I'll be doing the rest of it. Hopefully he'll be speaking to me again by Christmas., this year or next. Its cost me a subscription to another partworks magazine lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back