boiler cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler works fine until the hot water comes on then the boiler shuts off been working fine uptill two weeks ago any ideas

Sponsored Links
boiler works fine until the hot water comes on then the boiler shuts off been working fine uptill two weeks ago any ideas

Just had same with mine (ideal c80ff).I tested everything then opened up the ignition PCB which lives on top of the gas valve , was all burnt around one of the resistors , got a new pcb and now working fine.I have had this as a problem for a few years now ie: DHW causing system to lock out, and having to put CH on to help me run the bath etc.

Consulted a electrical guy I know, and showed him the old PCB , he said that it had been a dry join that was arcing and that if would cause a intermmitent fault, which would over time get worse till it failed , which it did just befor Xmas .

Now I can defrost the Wife and KIds

YB

So it's not worked for 2 weeks, then you expect to get it repaired xmas eve :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back