Hot water keeps cutting out /radiators working OK (avanta +)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently having problems with my boiler where the hot water keeps cutting out after about 4 minutes. The boiler's an Avanta Plus 35c.

The radiators work fine and will happily come on and off but when using the hot water taps it's fine for a while then shuts down the boiler and registers an error E7. Manuals not much help as it seems to be geared to the radiator system checking water pressure/pump which I assume are OK pressure's around 1.5bar and the pump is probably working ok as the radiators are fine.

Any ideas of whats likely to have gone wrong ? Does the hot water have a separate temp cntrol that may be tripping/any liekly blockage causing it to shut off (water flows through fine even if it is cold though)

Sponsored Links
Error E7:

Checking the pump spindle rotates is explained on page 29 of the manual.

As the pump is integral to the boiler, there is little chance that the pump is wired wrongly.

You can check that the pump is working by using a screwdriver or metal rod as a stethoscope.

The Avanta stores up to 16 error messages, so it might be worth checking all of them. How you read them is explained on page 55 of the Manual.

check auto air vent

e7 does point at the pump but if heating is ok maybe the p/hex is choked

how old is the boiler?

Sponsored Links
it all depends on what the boiler looks for to give that error message. I would assume that its basing it on the difference between the flow and return ntcs, as this is how most modern boilers work, and you have to remember that all the fault codes were tested and programmed on a boiler with nice clean water! So fault codes can often be misleading. If the boiler works fine in heating then its pretty likely the plate Heat exchanger is blocked. I don't know if there's any kind of filters fitted to this boiler in the hydraulics, if so this should also be checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back