Boiler drain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler line travels behind my cupboards and go into the waste pipe from the sink. There is some sort of check valve in the line which where it terminates into the waste pipe is 40mm. An elbow in that line is leaking slightly, is there a compound i could run around the joint to seal it?

Attachments

• 20180102_105347.jpg
    20180102_105347.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 167
Sponsored Links
do it properly by cut it off and put new pipe in, or botched it by CT1 silicone around joint

I doubt any sealant would make a good, long term repair. If it's for boiler's condensate maybe the slightly acidic discharge would affect sealant after a while.. Good news is its dead easy to repair properly. Just need length of 40mm solvent weld pipe, two 40mm s/w connectors, a s/w elbow and pot of s/weld glue. Then just cut out old elbow with a hacksaw and use new pipe and joints to repair. The bits are cheap at places like Toolstation, etc.

Sponsored Links
And get those flexi's fitted correctly .... :sneaky:
add tails to the T'ees
images

turn the flexi's around so the ISO's are at the bottom .. lose the PTFE tape and then use male compression irons to connect the flexi's to the the copper tails .... (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back