1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Boiler engineer in PE10 area?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by dagsky, 16 Feb 2021.

1. dagsky

dagsky

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys, posting for my sister, her boiler is leaking water & she’s new to the area & doesn’t know any engineer locally. She’s tried gas safety register but most are unavailable.

she has an Ideal Classic LX FF240 that apparently only leaks water when the boiler is off, I suspect that I may be leaking during operation but the heat is vaporising the water. She says the water appears to be running down the burner fins.

a quick Google seems to suggest heat exchanger but could also be something as simple as the washers being knackered & with the heat exchanger being close on to £400 she may as well have a new boiler fitted.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Ring Ideal

4. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Need to be really careful ... only a gas safe registered engineer should be where water could be seen running down the burner fins.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local