Boiler error code.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my Ariston boiler, i was running a bath last night and when i went to turn the tap off the water was running cold (the water in the bath was warm) i checked the boiler and it is showing Error 104 flow check fail, could someone advise what the problem may be and if its an easy fix, i will not be fixing it myself i will get someone in i just wanted to get some idea of how much it may cost.

I realise this may be one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions but with luck someone may have come across this problem before.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
Yes the pressure is fine and i did read that thread, i was hoping someone may have been to a customers boiler that is showing this error and could give me a rough idea on the price it will cost to fix it, from what i have read in several forums it appears to be the pump that has stopped working i am keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is.

Could someone give me a ball park figure to fit a new pump.

Sponsored Links
New pumps are usually about £140 and engineer to diagnose and revisit with spare parts about £160 ?

But so many variables could be half or double those prices so any answer is not going to be very helpful.

An annual repair plan might be worth thinking about. Most have a delay before they do a repair

Sorry but Agile is talking absolute shoite, those prices are just a shot in the dark, tell him to come and do it at those prices

Sorry but Agile is talking absolute shoite, those prices are just a shot in the dark,

Well i have looked on a couple of Ariston sites and they seem to range from £100 to £180 so he isn't that far off and i did ask for a ball park figure.

tell him to come and do it at those prices

I think the train fare from London to Cumbria would be a little too steep to make it worth his while!

Last edited:
Well i have looked on a few sites and they seem to range from £100 to £180 so he isn't that far off and i did ask for a ball park figure.

He said £300 in total but could be £150 or £600. Quite a wide ballpark.

He said £300 in total but could be £150 or £600. Quite a wide ballpark.

If the pump is between £100 and £180 as mentioned in my last post the plumber would have to be from Dick Turpin and Son's to charge £420 me labour ;)

If the pump is between £100 and £180 as mentioned in my last post the plumber would have to be from Dick Turpin and Son's to charge £420 me labour ;)

That's why Agile used to get pulled up for quoting prices on this forum. He did say it could be £600.

That's why Agile used to get pulled up for quoting prices on this forum. He did say it could be £600.

At least he answered and gave me an idea of what it may cost which is what i asked for, and he did say -
But so many variables could be half or double those prices so any answer is not going to be very helpful.
So i wasnt expecting it to be spot on.

Its fixed now and @Agile wasn't far off with his first guestimate ;)

So what was the final cost then?

As an engineer I feel that I should be able to come up with a price or solution rather than a lot of rubbish that does not advance anything!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back