Boiler fan speed pcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking for someone with knowledge on boiler pcbs. I have a Worcester 9.24, and has a fault that the engineer describes as a fan speed pcb failure. I would like 2 know the symptoms of this, as if I potch with the select button for long enough I can get it 2 fire up, but will knock itself off once reached temp. But I thought if the pcb had failed it shouldn't start at all , as the fan aint running. It's going through the insurance, but the part is obsolete. So don't want them hunting a part which don't exist. Im a mechanical engineer myself, and have a good understanding of how things work. Could someone please shed any light on this.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont think this boiler has a seperate fan speed PCB !

Dont expect much help from that kind of firm when you keep an obsolete boiler like that!

I am one of the few who would still consider repairing but most parts are now obsolete.

Tony

I forgot 2 state it was a 9.24 electronic. Would this have a fan speed pcb? I know a lot of these firms would like me 2 replace the boiler, but the insurance is with my bank and wouldn't think they would benifit from me replacing it. I'm just not sure it's the correct fault their looking at.

As far as I remember that boiler has a control PCB and an ignition PCB which controls the ( single speed ) fan at on/off.

What is he going to do next?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well he's adamant it's the fan speed pcb. So I gotta wait for them to source the part. I'm just afraid their barking up the wrong tree and it could b another fault. If any of the pcb's fail, surely i couldn't get it started? Am I wrong in thinking this?

It must be the ignition/fan pcb that they think it is if they think it won't start. Just would like a 2nd opinion.

If the fan is not being powered then its likely to be dirty contacts on the fan relay.

Repeatedly trying can get them to sometimes make contact ( although it does not usually last long ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back