boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a oil fired trianco boiler which keeps tripping out on the high limit stat. i cleaned ther boiler out and fit a new nozzle. i dont think its the pump because thats seems to still be running.it only trips out first thing in the morning and when its been off for a long time turing the day..

please help

Sponsored Links
That is often a sticky pump which does not want to start when cold.

Does it have a speed setting on it?

Tony

i has 3 speed settings and its on 3 at the moment. if i was to change the pump and it wasnt that what else coyuld it be

Sponsored Links
no its only the high limit thats tripping the burner lockout hasn't tripped once.
im going to change the pump and see what that does. do you think it could be air trapped in the boiler or a problem with the baffles there are quit badly worn

it does not fault all the time and not at any set point of any day. if it was the faulty high limit stat surly it would fault every time. Could the baffles have anything to do with it. could they be slowing the flow of the heat to much and over heating.

What is the name/model on the pump?

Do you have the facility to measure the start/run capacitor in the pump?

Did you check to see how free the pump shaft is? See FAQ if necessary.

I suspect its the pump from the intermittent and particularly early morning problems you describe. But to confirm that you would need to manually start it and listen to the pump when its started.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back