boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help

I have a Britony Combi SE boiler which has decided to throw one. I have downloaded the manual which identifies my problem, but it doesn’t give me any information on the fault. :evil:

Apparently the fan is on but it does not activate the air pressure switch.

Is this a job for a plumbing expert, or is there an alternative?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice

Sponsored Links
If that really is the problem it needs a CORGI registered engineer.

Make sure you tell the the model first as some dont seem very comfortable with that one.

Tonyu

yeah mine reported that exact same fault, but it was actually the PCB.
I ended up doing some of diagnosis, checking the APS and Fan were both working, venturi was clear etc...
finally coughed up for a new PCB (100quid)...easy to fit...did the job. The PCB design seems to have been revised - think mine was pretty old (Mar 2002 i think)- it didn't modulate the gas, just switched it on and off all the time.

Sponsored Links
It does modulate the gas!

However its "step" modulation! It has three gas valve solenoids, one "on", one 1/3 and the other 2/3 . The on ( or safety ) solenoid is selected all the times and the appropriate other two are selected as required for the heat needed.

There is a little quirk, on Ch it selects EITHER 1/3 or 2/3 but not BOTH.
On DHW it can select, 1/3, 2/3 or both for full !

A very cheap and simple method. Having said that they can be a little noisy when they switch.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back