chaffoteaux and maury combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Britony 100 SE boiler packed up a couple of weeks ago. I was told the fan was at fault so I bought a new one and fitted it but the boiler still didn't work. AnotherGas engineer looked at it for me and said the Air Pressure valve was faulty so I have just fitted a new one of those but it still doen't work. Does anyone have any idea where to go from here ?

Sponsored Links
My Britony 100 SE boiler packed up a couple of weeks ago. I was told the fan was at fault so I bought a new one and fitted it but the boiler still didn't work. AnotherGas engineer looked at it for me and said the Air Pressure valve was faulty so I have just fitted a new one of those but it still doen't work. Does anyone have any idea where to go from here ?

why didn't you let them do the job :idea: :idea:

The Gas fitter told me what he thought the problem was but he said I could order the part as easy as he could so I did. I would go back to the spares shop if I new what to buy.

Sponsored Links
I have to question the credibility of any gas engineer that doesn't want to carry out the repair, especially where safety critical parts are concerned. You say you had 2 different engineers do this? find that hard to believe. Get a proper engineer out to diagnose, fix and make sure he'll guarantee his repair as any good engineer would.

The original problem was just that the boiler wouldn't fire up. When it is turned on a series of green lights light up in sequence and then it all stops but the pump is still running. There is no red reset light on but after a couple of minutes three lights flash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back