boiler flu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i am building a new extension on my property, however next door has a boiler flu which is going to be less han 600mm from my wall, i have been told from a gas fitter that as long as i build on my boundary, it would be upto the neighbour to sort his boiler out ie, extended flu or similar.
basically build the wall.the flu is quite old been there at least 13 yrs. can you confirm this is correct

Sponsored Links
Bottom line, you can build your extension, its your neighbours responsibillity to alter his flue. Shouldn't have been put there originally. 10+ years ago people would put flues were-ever, incidentaly if he knows the installer he is within his rights to get them to foot the bill. For the sake of good neighbourly peace I would have a chat first with next door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back