Boiler flue into carport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move my combi boiler from its present location . One area I would like to consider moving to is a large pantry type cupboard. One issue I have come across is that the boiler flu would discharge into a 3 open sided car port. Can anyone give me any information on whether a combi boiler flu can discharge into a car port ?
Any advice greatly received .

Sponsored Links
According to your instructions yes, just needs to be 1200mm (1.2m) from any opening.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris,
that was my thoughts to.
If have had two gas engineers round both would like to put holes through the porch roof which I would like to avoid at all costs. Any thoughts where I can get any info from to verify to the engineers that it should be ok to discharge flu into car port as long as it meets dimensions you stated above?

Hi Chris, just read page 20 of manufactures instructions where flu can discharge into a car port but a flu displacement kit is recommended, any idea of the cost of one of these kits ?

Hello Cheshire,
I didn’t spot that, was just skimming over it. I wouldn’t know because every merchant/website is different, it I would expect £100 give or take, however I would strongly advise the use of a gas safe engineer, which may (depending on their cost and labour) add to this cost.

I would definitely use a gas safe engineer to fit plume deflector kit. This could well be the answer to my problem.
Does anyone know how good these kits are and do they stop all pluming ?

They don’t stop the plumbing, they “manage” it, divert it, displace it whatever you want to call it.

Ok so basically the pluming is not stopped but moved somewhere it is less of an issue ?
Thanks

If you dont use a plume management Kit, and you had a car in there, the pluming is acidic and it will strip the paint from your car

Thanks for the comment.
So to make it clear to me the plume kit moves this slightly acidic vapour to a point higher up in the port. Would the car still be able to go into the port and would it affect neighbours adjoining port which would be approx 3m from the discharge of the plume management kt.

No, depends where is the best place to direct the plumage to, the management kit just extends the exhaust duct to good discharge point , only a site visit can determine the best way could be vertical could be horizontal, here is a pic of one being installed to give you an idea, not suggesting this is how yours would be installed.

PMK.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back