Boiler gone again

Tony is it is the Gledhill Boilermate, then that is the way it is configured with no components connections within the header tank installer alterable.

He says that it is an Albion thermal store!

Sponsored Links
Has anyone got any more suggestions? I don't seem to be able to find anyone who has had so many failures so I really have no idea where to look next.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Thank you for your replies. The thermal store is an albion mainsflow contractor 210litre. There is no header tank in the traditional sense, the actual store is the header tank. Its about 1.7 meters tall, with a metal lid. Water fills the tank, which in turn directly connected fills the boiler and central heating circuits. The boiler connector sucks water from the bottom of the tank and pumps it back in heated about 5" below the surface of the water in the tank.

If it will make it easier I will knock up a little drawing and post that.

Thanks.

Are you sure it pumps water from bottom and returns it so high?doesn't seem right to me

As quite a few questions have been asked about the tank, here is a picture of it with labels showing which bit is which. There are two pumps, the green one on the left feeds the boiler, and the red one on the right does the central heating system. The cap on the top can be removed and you can see right to the bottom of the tank.

I am having it replaced with an unvented system very shortly (which I am actually somewhat upset about) as I chose the current system for a number of reasons, and I want to be sure the problems I am having will not carry on once all the work is done.

Just to recap:
Boiler heat exchanger failed from corrosion in 2011 and 2013.
Last year lost 1 radiator and 1 towel rail from pin holes.
This year (July) pinhole appeared in DHW coil in the store, repaired with solder, pin hole also appeared in another radiator.
This year (October) when heating turned on for the first time, 3 radiators pin holed. Two weeks later another radiator pin holed (this one had not been used at all in the past year apart from a 5 minute run to take the chill off the room, it was off and cold at the time it failed).

Basically I have one radiator left......

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, that last picture uploaded a bit small, I have made the writing bigger so hopefully this time it will be readable.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back