towel rail circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing a circuit supplying 5 towel rails from a thermal store, circuit will have its own smart pump and timer, each towel rail will have a trv and a manual bypass will be fitted after pump, will this setup comply with part L ?

Sponsored Links
Installing a circuit supplying 5 towel rails from a thermal store, circuit will have its own smart pump and timer, each towel rail will have a trv and a manual bypass will be fitted after pump, will this setup comply with part L ?

It will if it`s installed by an engineer with part L credentials, why don`t you fit a cooker and gas fire, throw in a central heating system then come online and ask if it complies with Corgi? it`s a ridiculous question.

Find out what Part ``L`` means. :rolleyes:

i know what part L means and complying with it doent require any special qualifications (fitting TRV's for example)

Sponsored Links
should have a boiler interlock this can be provided by room stat or honeywell cm zoneing rad valves

the trv`s are classed as zoning. fit an auto bypass it will work better than a manual 1.

i would also use a programmer and zone valve and incorporate a room stat somewhere to satisfy the boiler interlock need.

god knows were though . :)

this would stop the pump cycling on satisfaction of the heat req..

i know what part L means and complying with it doent require any special qualifications (fitting TRV's for example)
bit of a non statement, as no building regs require special qualifications.
To be pedantic, that's not quite true. Non-notification (i.e. self-certification) of a gas appliance installation is permitted only when performed by a suitably approved person.

bit of a non statement, as no building regs require special qualifications.
To be pedantic, that's not quite true. Non-notification (i.e. self-certification) of a gas appliance installation is permitted only when performed by a suitably approved person.
I bet that if you get certification done by building inspection, and you have installed it yourself as a homeowner, they do not ask you for your qualifications

I bet that if you get certification done by building inspection, and you have installed it yourself as a homeowner, they do not ask you for your qualifications
I don't see why anyone would want to bet against you, since you're gambling on the BCO simply doing what it says in the Building Regulations. :rolleyes:

I don't see why anyone would want to bet against you, since you're gambling on the BCO simply doing what it says in the Building Regulations. :rolleyes:

I don't see why I should offer a bet unless I know I am going to earn some dosh. I am a plumber, not a charity :) :) :)

Am not aware of any building regs that require qualification, but by all means, enlighten me.

exactly my point.
you can technically/theoretically comply with the building regs even if you don't have any qualifications.
if/when things are approved/certified by bco, i would consider them to be compliant.
that does of course not mean that the job is safe, or well done, or reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back