Boiler installation cost too high?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A3D4A911-F97F-44DC-B194-F80127E515F6.png
481B9E25-6213-4D95-B798-B385D8455D29.jpeg
Hi all I’m looking to replace my valiant regular boiler which is not very reliable with veismann 100w boiler I have a quote of £2400 considering the boiler cost is 1k that means £1.4k install price does that seem too high? It seems like a straight swap no other plumbing to do etc, also comes with 12 year parts and labour warranty. I live in London just wondering if the price is too high any help/ advice would be great thanks

does not include power flush is that needed?

Sponsored Links
Get more quotes . They are free . I personally wouldn’t fit a new boiler on a dirty system but hey ho

Is it to much if you trust the guy to do a decent job.

Break the cost down over 12 years, is it expensive when compared to paying out for boiler insurance over the course of the year that you may or may not use?

It is doubtful that if the boiler is looked after well that you will have any problems over the next 12 years, that's why the manufacturer offers that length of warranty.

Is it as straight a swap as you think?

Where does the flue go to? It looks like it's a non standard flue this adds to the cost.

The installer will be doing a flush of some sort.

Does the quote include a new filter and an aerator, or expansion vessel? This all adds to the cost.

Sponsored Links
So you googled the price of the boiler. What about the vertical flue kit, extension, filter, chemicals, pipe, fittings and sundries ? Easily another 400 there. Price seems ok for London

Also should I got for system or conventional? Right now I have a seperate pump and expansion vessel? Thanks

Vertical flue kit and extension about £200
Already had a magnaclean fitted not in the picture shown as it’s an old picture thanks for advice

Worcester has aluminuim heat exchanger veismann has steel? Is steel better

Also should I got for system or conventional? Right now I have a seperate pump and expansion vessel? Thanks

What does the installer think?

It's down to how big the property is and whether the pump in the system boiler has enough flow to get it round the whole system.

I would be surprised if the internal pump on a system boiler wasn't powerful enough for the size of system the boiler is designed for though.

C7F5AE64-9911-4BFD-93D7-EC682909496E.jpeg
The installer says if you go for a system boiler the pump is under guarantee, but somebody else said keep your existing pump as it’s easier to fix if it goes wrong? Confusing

Vertical flue kit and extension about £200
Already had a magnaclean fitted not in the picture shown as it’s an old picture thanks for advice

So the installer is charging £1200 for install?

Sounds fair, 2 days work likely and the is the costs of pipe and fittings etc.

Personally I think it's a reasonable price.

I paid about the same price for an intergas and an evohome, new expansion vessel, it was pretty much a straight swap, but still took 2.5 days

15E03D50-B9C2-4020-9760-8ACB96188B24.jpeg
15FE3164-C9EE-4538-B4E6-174C08ED990A.png
Also the flue is just over 300mm from adjacent wall which veismann allow but Worcester bosch dont

The installer says if you go for a system boiler the pump is under guarantee, but somebody else said keep your existing pump as it’s easier to fix if it goes wrong?

I’d say conventional. At least your pump and expansion are separate and can be easily and cheaply replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back