Install Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am after your opinions.... I am wanting a full system installed (Combi boiler and 8 rads), obviously I would like it installed ASAP. The first price that I have had is more than I expected.

However, is it the general opinion that if I were to get the installation in the summer is the price likely to get cheaper?

I assume that the parts will not change but obviously this time of year demand is high for intalls and repair, so does it follow that labour prices will naturally go up....?

Oh don't laugh at the above too much! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Baz

Sponsored Links
It might be cheaper in the summer, and it might not. I presume you do not want cheap, and that you want proper. If you want cheap you deserve all you get. If you want proper, be careful who you get to do it and do not have price as one of the parameters or you will cause people to cut corners, then you'll regret it.

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Why did it post twice :confused:

it was important enought to reiterate :rolleyes:

seriously though, PVM is right with the price range of 4k ish. Any less and you have to look were the corners are being cut!

Thanks for your thoughts gents.

I certainly want proper, which is why I am paying a cofgi reg professional to do the job.

I was just wondering if the whole supply and demand thing applied to labour rates and if people would price themself out of a job if they were too busy.

I guess summer time its just easier to get someone to do it rather than be cheaper!

Thanks again

Baz

Oh yeah - good point about the next April thing PVM - thanks, I nearly forgot about the regs changes....! Changes things again I guess!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back