Boiler Issue - DESPERATE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help
Ideal ISAR HE30 Combi
Had fault code and engineer came and cleared condensate pipe. Originally display showed 't' and fired fro 2mins in every 10 min. Engineer came again today having said new PCb. He fitted it and said all was well left me with a bill and has gone. The thing still fires on 't' every 10 mins for around 1 minute!!! CH responds ok and DHW responds as it should. Pressure is as it should be but still fires't' as described....

Radiators hot all day so have turned it off. Ideal said I probably had a dripping tap - I haven't. No visible leaks and no water marks to suggest pipe leakage.

Before I go mad has anyone got any wise advice? Am nearly out of cash and patience!!!!!! (please dont say new boiler as I kn ow that!)

Sponsored Links
don't know the boiler and i'm not a plumber, but...

just looked at first userguide when i googled your boiler,
on one of the first pages, T stands for "DHW pre-heat"

This makes sure the hot water is hot as soon as possible,

and in trouble shooting...
boiler manual said:
Boiler fires occasionally for
approx. 2 minutes - the
display shows "t"

This is a normal function of the boiler to periodically pre heat the plate heat exchanger to
optimise delivery time for domestic hot water to taps or showers.

couldn't see anything in the manual to set when it should do this!
will have to ask some of the other guys on how to "solve" this.

Your diverter valve is not closing off the central heating port, the boiler is trying to maintain the temp of the plate heat exchanger but is heating the rads at the same time.

^^^^^What picasso said^^^^

You need the cartridge in the diverter changing.

Sponsored Links
If your central heating is not heating up when it is showing the t that is
fine. Your boiler is working correctly.
If the central heating starts to heat up when you only have
hot water selected there is a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back