Boiler issue, not lighting. Pictures included!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

we ran out of kerosene last night because we got a misreading from the tank, we filled the tank today and now the boiler is stuck in lockout mode.

I have reset it with the bottom, and checked the water pressure but to no avail.

Please help me figure out what to do.

Sponsored Links
You need to bleed the air out of the oil supply pipe from the tank to the burner......that's often done by cracking open a flexible pipe that connects to the burner oil pump. You can see where it enters the boiler, red, bottom left.
Is your oil tank higher than the boiler?
Plenty of kitchen roll standing by!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hello, im looking into the suggestions, and i cant figure out where to actually "crack open the flexible pipe". I believe i know which one you are talking about, though i dont know what to actaully do with it to let the air out of it.
Im very new to and not very mechanical savvy. I apologize.

Also, i rent this property and the owner is very cheap, which is why we have the buildup and other issues. Its all been reported to them, though they refuse to fix it

If rented then the landlord should be providing professional engineers.

Although if after instructions not to you choose to run out of fuel then I can understand the landlord's frustrations!

You could always call an engineer!

They like these jobs which are clear cut.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back