Boiler kicking in to soon

does anyone think turning the TVRs down will make boiler run smoother? but then less heat means more time to get to temperature i guess
TRVs control the temperature of individual rooms, turning them down will make your rooms colder.

You still haven't answered my last question about the modulating control function. It's very difficult to help you if you don't provide the information requested

Sponsored Links
Hi muggles so the modulating control. You mean the dial on the boiler? If so I have tried it on both constant and timer and the same problem happens

Not sure i actually understand the issue here apart from a number on a device, but with it being an rf stat, do check that next door don't have the same one and are both fighting each other.
However i think the real solution is open up a blank doc, type in "19.5°c", print out and cut around and then sellotape to your room stat.

Sponsored Links
does anyone think turning the TVRs down will make boiler run smoother? but then less heat means more time to get to temperature i guess

That is not the way TRV's work, they are not taps. They open up fully, until the TRV's set temperature is approached, then gradually close down. If the room temperature reduces, they open up again. They are operated by room temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back