Boiler kicking in to soon

Go turn off the boiler manually ,when target temp is satisfied at 20 degrees.Then time how long the stat stays at that temp before it starts to drop ,and report back.
Your last post indicated that when boiler is switched off manually ,thermometers stayed at 20 degrees for several hours , does the thermostat stay at 20 as well ?

Sponsored Links
Winston I, have said numerous times that if I turn the boiler of completely the temprature remains steady for a long time. Maybe 7 hours on three thermometers.
Set it to go off 7 hours before you go to bed then.

Even if it is turned of at night. It's still going to come on tho during the day when it's sitting at 20 degrees. Yes the thermostat is staying at 20.

Are you sure that the '20' you're seeing on the thermostat isn't the target temperature rather than the actual air temperature?

Sponsored Links
Your either looking at the wrong display ,or the stat is kaput .
Or the boiler is getting a demand from elsewhere ,can't be bothered to re read all your posts ,is it a combi boiler ?

OK - thanks for clarifying.

DO you have an external temperature probe and, if so, what does the external temperature show?

Edit: is there an external probe connected to the system/thermostat?

Well that's the two obvious possibilities eliminated!

If you set the target temperature at 18C how long before the boiler fires up?

It would keep firing up every so often even if it's at 18 degrees what ever temp I set it at once it reaches that temp it stays steady for hours. Even if I turn boiler off. So there for when on, it does not need to fire up all the time but it does.

How long has this been happening?
Is it a new house for you? A new installation?
What has made you notice this only recently?

This thread is like a game of 20 questions. We've only got two more to go and if we dont get it by then, fitzykev wins! :mrgreen:

Ok, so there's no hysteresis adjustment or anti-cycling feature on that, which is a bit rubbish. Is the Modulating Control set to on or off? Is the outdoor sensor function definitely disabled?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back