Boiler maker's getting serious.

B

blahblah

I'm a Vaillant kind of guy but fitted my first Worcester because it was available next day for a emergency job. Nice piece of kit, some lovely features (once you get over the uh! factor). Anyway, the buttons were all supposed to light up a pretty blue but didn't. Called tech- go direct to call out because its so new (35CDi) they had no idea. So out came Worcester man to have a look and doubled it up with a 'free commissioning' promotion. All hunky dorey. Lights are there it seems but it has to be pitch black to see them with a sensor!!
The point of this ramble is that he took a water sample from the system (and mains) there and then and says 'bad water -no warranty'. Man didn't know who they told- customer or me should it be iffy.
Anyone heard of this before? Seems they're getting serious, as soon as they get anywhere near one of your installations they check you out and have you by the s and c's if its not up to scratch.
Commendable in my view- and scary for some !!!

Sponsored Links
our local worc service agent has been doing that for at least 12 months now,

They're all doing it

Boilers are crap and it's their get out of jail card.

I knew Worcester did it before putting people on a 'plan', but this is a day old! Had a Vaillant man out to a brand new one last summer and he didn't. Suppose they only check it if needed.

Sponsored Links
glow worm use the same sort of thing....however much inhibitor you put in the system it will cause a problem too much and they will say its frothing and causing faults, too little and the water quality will be too poor. Manufacturer warranty visits are too much of an expense to the companies so a quick check and it will be poor water quality, bye bye. There is no way, however well you clean an old system, it will pass the test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back