boiler making no effort to fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, woke up this morning and there was no hot water or heating, water was lukewarm so i think the boiler had been running this morning and cut out for some reason, the boiler had also lost about 1/2 a bar of pressure.When i try to turn on the heating the pump runs but it does not even make an attempt to fire, no blower nothing just the water pump running, when i turn the stats on the control panel there is no click at any point.I fitted a new expansion vessel and relief valve last friday and since then it has been running fine until now, boiler is a oil worcester camray 5 outdoor, any ideas, thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are there any warning lights on the boiler front.....and maybe a red lamp glowing on the burner itself?
John :)

Check the boiler hasn't gone on to overheat there's a red button or a black cap u need to
unscrew the black cap and press button or press red button if the boiler runs then you need to check
the circulating pump

"Just over 1/2bar" might not be enough to satisfy it, especially if the gauge reading isn't calibrated correctly

Cant see a black cap, only buttons are reset on control panel and the reset on the burner, this is the boiler.

In between two nobs says reset look !!
Ye i had tried the reset already, didnt realise that was the button you were talking about but thought i would try it again so i went and turned the power back on to the boiler and went outside to try it and the boiler had fired up, not sure what it was but something has got it going again, will keep an eye on it and try to see whats happening, doubt the issue will just go away as something caused it to lose pressure and stop as it had been working fine and holding pressure till now.

Most boilers are happier with a little over 1.0 bar.

Many have a low pressure switch and the hysteresis requires over 1.0 bar to get them to reset when they are older even though the opening pressure is only 0.6 bar.

Tony

Make sure you let the air out of the pump or it may burn out just unscrew the Crome screw
in the centre of the pump face all the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back