Boiler making strange intermittent noises (see video link with sound)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric boiler which has started making noises intermittently, which sound like it could be the pump into it.

See this video to illustrate the noise it makes (the sound started up at the 17 seconds mark):

It seems to do this every few minutes, occasionally very often, other times more rarely.

This doesn't seem to cause any issues and I still have hot water working as normal. But I'm worried it may be a sign of a bigger problem, and the noise is slightly annoying.

I've read up on the internet but can't seem to identify the issue exactly.

Can anyone advise what the issue might be, and how to fix it please? Or whether I need a plumber to come and check it properly.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
That cable from the immersion heater needs sorting...it's been pulled out from cable clamp.
Looks like you might have a shower pump...show us the other pipework around the cylinder.

I have an electric boiler which has started making noises intermittently, which sound like it could be the pump into it.
that is a hot water cylinder with an immersion heater with terrible wiring, it is not an electric boiler , that is something completely different, what pump are you referring to , there is no pump in your video

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back