Boiler Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Heatslave 15/19 boiler. There is a whinning noise that has appeared when it turns on from the burner area. I was hoping there would be some sort of grease nipple or something similar to lubricate the bearings etc.

Heating still works!!! but for how long??

If anyone can put some light on this, I would be very grateful.

I know it is a bit vague but I will try to answer any questions as I have the servicing manuals.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the Burner motor is on the way out, a new motor is not over expensive, but check that the oil pump has not leaked into the motor before fitting the new one if the pump is wet around the shaft it will F**k the new motor very quicky Motor about £45 oil pump if required about £80. You cannot fit an oil pump yourself as it will have to be set up by a competent oil guy or gal with gualges and analyiser

best to get some one in (most oil boilers are due a service about now too!) ;)

Sounds like it could be the alternator. Have you checked the voltage drop with the boiler running?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back