Boiler not firing after water main went off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of days ago we suffered a burst water main and have been without water until it was restored today via a temporary over land feed. However, the boiler will now not fire for either hot water/central heating, and the error code E119 is flashing. This seems to relate to a low pressure issue, but the pressure gauge on the boiler is well in the green on 1 bar. I've tried resetting and switching boiler off/on again, but nothing is shifting it. Any ideas please? The boiler is a Main Combi 30 Eco. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
try raising pressure to 1.5 or a little more, sometimes the sensor inside detecting the e119 fault is not reading thesame as the pressure guage .lower pressure ,if/ after it starts by bleeding out of rad ,call gas safe eng, to find fault

Thanks Mopasgas, I raised the pressure and the problem immediately went away. Noticed the pressure gauge was reading lower AFTER I had increased pressure, so suspect the needle had been stuck on a higher reading. All working well now, much appreciated (y)

the maunal analoge pressure gauges must be made by Blind Naked Tebetian Monks with no fingers in a dark factory ,They are soooo far out of calibration it makes me cry sometimes.30 years of fixing boilers helps me get over it ! keep an eye on your Expansion Vessel Pressure as well ,( see loads of other posts on this ).
Glad to be of help

Sponsored Links
Your gauge is blocked probably and needs replacing as problems will return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back