Baxi Main Combi 30kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yesterday i just fitted a baxi main 30kw boiler in my house, I am a Qualified central heating technician but dont no much about the baxi mains. So here's my question, when i turn the hw tap on the boiler fires up etc an i get hot water as you should, but when i turn the tap off, the boiler keeps firing itself up every 30 seconds or so then goes off after a few seconds, when i look on the control panel the little green LED for the hw is flashing constantly but there is no error code? can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Is it firing thinking there is a demand for hot water? Isolate the cold mains into the boiler to check if it still fires. If it doesn't then there is problem with the cold mains piping I would imagine. If it doesn't fire up then a problem with the boiler which u may get help with if you're gas safe registered and join the combustion chamber group in the forum.

yes its firing like theres a demand for hot water, for a few seconds only, then switches off, then fires again about 30 seconds later, constantly, if i turn the boiler off an back on it doesnt do it, until i run the hw, i've never had this problem before when fitting these boilers, trust it to be in my own house haha.

Hopefully you are gas registered?

Is this a Class B boiler with recouperator?

Sounds like a PCB fault which should be covered by the maker's guarantee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi yes i am gas registered, its the A rated boiler. I will give it another go tonite, I have not done a full commission onit yet putting it in the service mode and gettin the burner upto its maximum output, do you think that may have anything to do with it?

No.

I cannoty fully visualise that model.

I suspect its like a new Performa HE that I went to which had all plastic bits underneath. That was not responding to a DHW demand but yours seems to be responding all the time.

If its the same boiler, then I THINK its a magnetic shuttle operating a Hall effect switch. In my case the shuttle was jammed off and it sounds as if yours may be jammed off.

If it sounds similar try unplugging the Hall effect detector.

Tony

Hello after going to my house last nite an having a read of both of the manuels, I found out this was not a fault, with the new A rated baxi main eco boilers the have a "intelligence" system built in, so when u draw off hot water the boiler keeps the hot water upto temperature in the boiler this is why it kept firing up to keep the water temperature constant, it also remembers the time you used the hot water the day before and fires up 10mins before it thinks you use the hot water the day after, Tbh i think this is a pointless use, as i can see there trying to save you money etc with drawing water off, but in the meantime you are using gas an electric firing the boiler. I have turned the setting off and the boiler is working fine now. Thanks for all the input

So bottom line... you're installing boilers (legally?) And not bothering to read the installation manual?

yes i fit boilers legally on a regular basis, I never read the manual unless theres a fault. Once you read one manual there all the same apart from a few things. I can understand were your coming from but why read the maual when i fit boilers day in day out as my job?

Well were all entitled to opinions and i completely disagree in regards to not reading an installation manual for a boiler that you obviously don't know the functions of after already fitting several. On another note if it is dhw preheat then it shouldn't be coming on for a few seconds every 30 seconds or so as u described earlier, it should just come on and get it to temp and go off I believe. But you would know after fitting a few....

I agree! Preheat should only come on every 10-20 minutes.

Thats unless you have a hot water supply leak!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back