Boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( I have renewed the fan on my Potterton Profile boiler and now there is no ignition .the fan connections are in the right order. the pressure switch clicks in but the gas does not light up. all the covers are in place. can anyone tell me what I should do next please.

Sponsored Links
presure switch tubes split or on wrong.

What was original fault
:confused: original fault was humming noise from boiler, traced to fan, checked pressure sw. tubesthey were not removed and are ok.

Sponsored Links
You havent fitted a fan for a 30-60 if you have an 80 or 100 have you?

Mind you, youd have to drill a hole in the plate the fan sits on to have done that! Even you had done that, the P/S wouldnt operate.

Paul

:( Thanks for replies, correct fan for profile 60e fitted-no pilot light-no spark :!:

New fan, aps switches but no spark :eek:
Probably standard suprima problem: dead pcb.

It would be if was a Suprima!!

Your Profile is showing classic APS symptoms, the fact that you hear the switch click is no indication that it is working electrically, this would have to be proved with test equipment and is well beyond a DIY task.

You really can't guestimate these sort of faults, it is important to work in a logical, methodical manner, using knowlege and experience along the way

thats why you need a RGI ;)

good point! have been using fluke multimeter to check circuits, a/p switch has contacts 1(normally closed) 2(n/o) and3(c) if I test between 3 and 1 and 3-2 that would tell me if the switch was ok :confused:

You do have the case on properly dont you?

This all leads to an APS fault, but I have had a few when the pcb was at fault.

Paul

good point! have been using fluke multimeter to check circuits, a/p switch has contacts 1(normally closed) 2(n/o) and3(c) if I test between 3 and 1 and 3-2 that would tell me if the switch was ok :confused:
Not sure what connection is what in your case, but in general it is quite simple.
Test 2 contacts on continuity, if no sound, blow on pipe and hear beep. Change one of the contacts and hear beep, blow on pipe and silence. The remaining 2 won't beep no matter what you do.

bengasman";p="1334350 said:
Not sure what connection is what in your case, but in general it is quite simple.
Test 2 contacts on continuity, if no sound, blow on pipe and hear beep. Change one of the contacts and hear beep, blow on pipe and silence. The remaining 2 won't beep no matter what you do.ote]
Hi and thanks, there is a red and clear plastic pipe.I removed the clear and tested as instructed.(I removed the pin plug from the pcb) there was a continuous beep which blowing down the pipe did not clear?? :( hope you bear with me on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back