Boiler options for loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am just about to have my loft converted (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom), after alot of consideration of all the factors i have opted for a combi boiler just to run the loft.

The question is that are there boilers which are suited just for the loft due to being so high up (i was looking at a Woster Junior) but it was mentioned that it is not good for the loft.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any sealed system combi can be used in the loft as long as the mains pressure/flow is adequate.

However, if its not for continual occupation then an unvented cylinder with electric immersion is a cheaper and more convenient option.

Tony

Thanks Tony.
I currently have 13L per-minute at the kitchen tap, is that adequate?

Sponsored Links
Worcester combi in loft is perfectly ok, I've never had any problems. As you have 13l per minute at the kitchen tap then you have a good flowrate but check the pressure as well. If you are concerned about getting a good flowrate on your hot water, I suggest you upgrade from the junior to the si or cdi range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back