Boiler Overheating on cool down.

Hi simon
If you are sure that the MV valves have closed and that there is no continuity between the orange and grey wires on these, the only other cause for the pump to continually run is faulty pump over run stat, which is situated in the boiler. Regarding you noisy pump, have you tried turning the pump settings on the pump down?.

The MV's seem (from memory) to have closed. I've not had chance to check the continuity (unfortunately I work as a desk monkey but checking that is one of the jobs on my list this eve!)

Yeah i've been reading about the solo 2's and the PCB seems to control the pump over run which according to the manwell is based on a timing chip of about 8-10 mins... The boilers 10 years old so i'm thinking the PCB could have a dry joint or the timing chip's fekked! However not being GSR etc and not wanting to take any risks a man who can and is qualified is needed for that!

I've run the pump slow and fast (I was told to put it on fast to aid the overheat problem!), the pump itself isn't unsually noisy (I have heard some air come through it when the boilers going) its more the fact its constantly on whirring away!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back