Boiler pressure rising indefinitely when heating is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Recently moved to a new rental place. The Vaillant EcoTec Pro 24 boiler was empty (I think for quite a while), refilled it via the loop to 1.5 bar & bled the radiators to remove any air.
One of the valves (the smaller handle) in the filling loops leaks very slightly but I don't think it's related.

The issue - when the heating is on the pressure goes from 1.5 bar to 3.9 bar (max on the scale) in about 15 minutes.
I didn't notice it the first time & found the boiler with an F.22 error after an hour. Restarting the boiler at the fuse cleared it up. The next day I emptied & refilled the system again - same thing, but turned off the heating when it hit 3.2 this time.

- Turning off the heating when it's above 3.5 bar it drops back to below 2 bar after an hour or so
- Radiators (3 total) do heat up like they should during the test.
- Both the water & radiator temp is set at 60C, hot water comfort mode is on.
- Hot water works ok when heating is off - pressure doesn't rise when e.g. showering and nothing else abnormal noticed.

Is there anything else I can do or check before going to the landlord about this?
And thank you, this forum is a lifesaver!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back