boiler pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening

A little concerned about my boiler pressure. This morning the needed was hovering around 1 and I decided to re-pressurise it and the needle went to 2 before I could close the valve. It's now at 2.5.

I have bled the radiators and it moved slightly.

Read something about releasing the water using a flexible loop but can't see anything that looks like it.

Boiler is WB. Some pictures attached to help.

Didn't service the boiler last year because I changed some rads and the gas safety guy said the system was fine.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.#

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 97
Sponsored Links
Easiest place to drop the pressure for a novice is the bleeding points on the rads (air taps)
Get a little tub to catch the water

Sponsored Links
Hi PlumbB 1979 and PrentinceBoyofDerry

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I initially started to bleed a rad with a TVR on it but black water started to come out and stopped - I take it that isn't a good slgn - maybe i have some sludge in the system.

I then tried again with the bathroom rad that doesn't have a TVR; the water that came out was clear.

The indicator has returned back to 1.5, so again many thanks to to you both.

I suspect that i may have a leak somewhere as the pressure has started to drop since Christmas and I've had to top it up a couple of times. Also last summer, I saw a very faint brown make on m living room ceiling and suspect a leak but it hasn't reappeared since.

I'll keep watch on the pressure as I suspect that having a low or high pressure can't be good.

Regards.

If you have dirty water in the system, I recommend a chemical clean and a system flush to remove it.
I would also check that leak out, I slow drop in pressure could be down to that leak or possibly something else, would require further investigation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back